CMT is a Configuration Management
Tool written by C.Arnault /LAL available for many platforms, including
supported by LHCb software. The CMT manual is available at the
CMT site: follow documentation
- it handles a package or a collection of packages.
- it has some knowledge about language, compiler, link editor,
- this knowledge can be modified or completed by the user.
- each package has a manager which tells the tool what to do (a library
or an application) and how to do it.
Using CMT in LHCb
CMT is automatically installed by the LHCb software installation script
whenever you install any LHCb software project:
> python install_project.py -p <project> -v <version> -b
The srcipt automatically selects the most appropriate version to install.
After installation, set the environment with:
> source scripts/ExtCMT.csh
Other Documents and Presentations
SCRAM CMT Report and
- Use of CMT in LHCb", by P. Mato, 1st CMT workshop, LAL (Orsay)
Feb 2002 (pdf, ppt)
- "New Structure in CVSROOT and Release Area", by F. Ranjard,
Feb 2001 (pdf)
- "Use of configuration management tool in LHCb software", by
P. Mato, CHEP2000, Padova, Feb 2000 (pdf,
- "SICB under CMT", by F. Ranjard, June 1999 (ppt)